Thursday, February 19, 2009

Barack Obama In My Backyard

President Barack Obama unveils his rescue plan
at Dobson High School in Mesa, Arizona.

I previously posted that President Obama arrived on Air Force One and that I photographed him at the airport. I also photographed him as he unveiled his rescue plan.

Members of the media, and other, set up their gear
and for the next four hours, wait.
Barack Obama made a visit to Dobson High School, which is within walking distance from me. To photograph him, I needed a credential, which I was able to get (calling the White House was kind of cool experience), and I also needed to wake up at 4 a.m., so that I could arrive, find a spot and then leave so that the bomb-sniffing dogs could do their part. This means, be set up by 5:30 a.m., leave and not come back until 8:30. The President was scheduled to speak at 10:15.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer shows off
a newspaper headline regarding the President's trip.


Just before President Obama spoke, the Presidential Seal is placed on his podium.


During a long wait, a member of the audience
takes a picture before the President arrives.



President Barack Obama is greeted by his supporters
as he arrives at Dobson High School in Mesa, Ariz.









I've now photographed seven US Presidents. Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were my favorites because they broke protocol which allowed me to get pictures of them doing something interesting. Sadly, I can't tell you what they spoke of because most of the Presidents were usually campaigning. I think that with this President, I'll remember that he wasn't talking about doing anything for himself, he came here to outline a plan that will help Americans keep their homes. Yesterday I photographed President Obama in my back yard as he gave us hope.

The conclusion.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Tony! Those are really great! What an honor to be able to photograph President Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, those are great photos! I'm glad you persevered and got the opportunity to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete